2.4

2006 Ford Expedition miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Expedition:

2006 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jul 082016

Expedition

I have a 2006 Ford Expedition eddie bauer 4X2 and my problem started after I purchased the vehicle in 2010. In 2011 I was in tampa, fl after gassing up I went to put the vehicle in gear and the gear shift lever broke off the vehicle had to be towed to sarasota Ford in sarasota, fl where I live. That's the first time now the second time I was leaving for work at 4:30 am in November or December of 2014 I was in my driveway and went to put the vehicle in gear when the gear shift lever broke off. The third event happened on Friday July 8, 2016 at 4: 28 am in my driveway I was leaving for work as I went to put the vehicle in gear the gear shift lever broke off. I have had to miss two days of work by using pto/paid time off which is my vacation time due to the gear shift lever continually breaking off. Sarasota Ford told me that the shift lever has been discontinued so they had to locate a used part for the last repair. I have filed two complaints with Ford Motor Company to which they will not disclose any findings or other related complaints only that there are no recalls. I have had sarasota Ford charge me for a new part then take some money off after I found out it was a used part to which they never notified or asked me if it was ok to put used parts on my vehicle. The sales manager bill godfrey lied to me when I asked for copies of my prior invoices in reference to this ongoing issue. He stated that the records were not on site when in fact they were as I believe one of the file clerks actually told us these records where on site in a office and she supplied us with the documents.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Mar 032016

Expedition

Have had an A/C problems of the compressor going out 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2016. A/C makes a noise in the back end on passenger side. Then it blows warm air. Only twice did it leak condensation on the floor boards. Have only had 2 of the compressor repairs under warranty and the rest have been out of pocket at $800-$1200. I have called Ford customer relations; no help. No recalls and no tsb's. the vehicle has been repaired by a Ford dealer service dept. For all A/C repairs. What is the problems?

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 132015

Expedition

My 2006 Ford Expedition was parked in my driveway at 7:00 am when I heard a crash. I looked out the window to see the back lift gate glass had exploded, all else in my neighborhood was quiet at that hour. As far as I can tell no impact from an external source, it was backed in close to a boat. I had driven the vehicle two days prior and had noticed no problem with the rear window. When I cleaned up the mess I found a good amount of the small glass pieces were inside the vehicle, the remainder were on the ground behind the vehicle within ten feet or so. The largest pieces of glass were smaller than my palm.

- Federal Way, WA, USA

Jun 102011

Expedition

False activation of "engine failure mode" system. Engine went to idle speed, all gauges read normally and no warning lights came on. Engine temperature was in normal range. "engine failure mode" message was displayed on message panel. I was able to safely coast off the road and stop the vehicle. I turned the ignition off, and observed that the engine coolant level in the coolant tank was normal. I then restarted the engine, and vehicle then operated normally.

- Camino, CA, USA

Jan 092011

Expedition

'06 Expedition went into engine fail safe mode as my wife was attempting to make a left hand turn crossing 2 lanes of traffic at a busy intersection. After coasting into a parking lot, she turned it off and turned it back on. It started right up and she went on her way. Took it to a mechanic who said he could find nothing wrong. Upon further investigation, I have found 100's of '06 Expedition with the same problem and it seems to point to the throttle body. A recent ac repair to this car was almost $800 and now I am hearing to repair the throttle body is upward to $700-$800. $1500 of repairs on a car with only 45,000 miles is unacceptable. The throttle body problem is very dangerous and Ford should recall these cars and find out why this is happening before someone gets hurt or even worse, killed.

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Dec 232010

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

2006 Ford Expedition, "engine fail safe mode" car has shut off while driving 5 times in the last 6 months. The only way to get the car moving is to start it again. Extremely unsafe. This vehicle was covered under an extended warranty and has gone in for service to correct the problem. Ford cannot identify the problem! comes up with "no code". I'm now off warranty and stuck with a very unsafe vehicle! Ford needs to address this problem immediately!

- Groton, MA, USA

Sep 092008

Expedition

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Expedition. On four separate occasions, while driving with the accelerator pedal depressed, the vehicle shut off. A wrench symbol appeared on the instrument panel and the vehicle had to be restarted. The dealer could not duplicate or determine the cause of the failure. The speed was unknown. The current mileage was 64,749 and failure mileage was 63,000.

- Snellville, GA, USA