2007 Ford Expedition engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Expedition:

2007 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Oct 282015

I have had a lot of issues with the ignition coils with the vehicle, I have had to replace all the coils 3 times and the problem continues coming back, dealership recommended replacing the engine which we did and it did not fix the issue, having to take it to the shop for a 4th time to get them all replaced. Power front seat have had issues as well, repaired the driver side power seat and now need to replace the passenger front seta, cannot be repaired, both front seats have been an issue.

- Midland, TX, USA

Aug 252015

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Expedition. While the vehicle was parked, the contact noticed a strong fuel odor coming from the front passenger side. While driving the vehicle, the contact noticed the smell of fuel in the vehicle and the fuel miles per gallon dropped. After further inspection of the engine, the contact noticed that fuel was leaking from the fuel rail on the engine. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,500...updated 02/01/16

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Oct 032015

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Expedition. While driving at various speeds, an abnormal noise was heard from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the cam phaser failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 115,000.

- Reisterstown, MD, USA

Apr 122011

The first occurrence was the transmission slipping on acceleration and stopping or going up hill. Its been to our Ford dealer where we purchased it and at first they felt it and said they fixed it but now everytime I take it in for that or the ac blower going off and on they say they don't feel or see anything it gotten ridiculous. In the freeway I-10 me and my son were trying to accelerate on and almost got hit by a semi truck the vehicle would not go fast enough. I wont bother with the dealership here in town they don't care. It has happened many times and now the air bag light goes off and on in temperature change it seems like. Our dealer fixed the door handle but now any rain the inside of our door fills with water and they say its not there fault and wont fix that either. Very disappointed with Ford. Spoke to them about the air bag and they also say they wont fix. We have had nothing but problems with this 40000 SUV very dangerous to drive and its suppose to be a family vehicle....right we get no update or recalls info and our dealership is the worst I've ever dealt with

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA

Feb 132015

Expedition 8-cyl

2007 Ford Expedition. Began to spit and sputter going 45mph. Engine light came on. Took to auto shop for repair. Cost was $1,100 to replace 8 spark plugs and wires. Ford used a defective spark plug in this vehicle. The plug breaks off in the engine when removing them. Ford knew of the issue and did nothing about it. This issue with these plugs began in early 2000's. Ford should have recalled these plugs long ago. There are many class action lawsuits ongoing related directly to the faulty spark plug. If I had know about the plugs before I bought the truck, I would have had Ford replace them before I even drove it.

- Wayne, MI, USA

May 292013

Millions of.complaints on. Internet about this vehicle and its backfiring engine and constantly replacing spark plugs. Cr throttles.alot no matter how many times fixed. Pulls no matter what problem you fix the next one emerge. Typical vehicle problems for theses owners. So much money.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 152013

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Expedition. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Holloy, MI, USA

Jun 212012

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Expedition. The contact stated that the spark plugs detached from the vehicle and had to be removed by the dealer using a special tool. The contact stated that the spark plugs had become stuck. The failure and the current mileage was 130,000.

- Soutn Bend, IN, USA

Jun 052012

Expedition 8-cyl

I went to pick my son up from drivers ed and we were leaving the parking lot and the vehicle died. I waited a little and then restarted it and it started but it was rough. I then continued to drive my way back home and it was driving rough and no lights came on indicating I had a problem. I was driving down the road and it died again so I had to just let it coast to get off the street. Luckily I was able to coast into delon and son's second driveway (repair shop). I waited for them to come help and when the repair man came out he was able to start it and told me he was going to run some test on it to see what would have caused it. After 2hrs he came and said that it indicated it was the fuel pump, but that it showed it fixed itself so he wanted to test drive it before I would go home......well not even two minutes after he left his coworker came in and said that he just broke down in my vehicle. So he bumped under the tank and it started back up. So this to him indicated that it was for sure the fuel pump. I left it for them to fix it and when it was done he called me and told me that.....I was very lucky that it didn't explode because the wires were melted on the fuel pump and he himself said that he was lucky since he test drove it as well. I doubt Ford would pay for this fuel pump failure it seems to be a common problem when you look on-line. My total bill for this was $790 ouch :( considering we are in the process of adopting a child.

- Alvin, TX, USA