2008 Ford Expedition fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Expedition:

2008 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Aug 222016

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Expedition. While driving approximately 50 mph, the engine shut down without warning. The vehicle failed to restart. A policeman pushed the vehicle to the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The fuel pump was replaced and the vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000.

- Rockdale, TX, USA

Mar 282016

Takata recall my 2008 Expedition eb broke down when I was at a red light. Had to call for a tow truck cause didnt want to start cranked but didnt want to run. Brought it home check engine light was on so checked normal stuff fuses an relays everything seemed fine no fuses were blown. Am really mechanical myself checked to see if it was getting gas so checked pressure on fuel rails an justed like I guessed the first no fuel. So decided to drop the gas tank to see if pump went out so took out pump an it had shorten out on plug burn melted the harness. So my thing is this should be a recall an have Ford fix it at no cost. My worry is that what if it had blown up with me in it an worse what if my kids were in it an this would of been a death trap explosion more like it this should be a concern to all Ford owners bad product. Issue that I haven't seen a recall on the fuel system but this should be looked into. An by the way my Expedition only has 114346 miles this is a big safety issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 282013

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Expedition. The contact stated that after refueling, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the fuel pump had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 113,000.

- Henderson, TX, USA

Jul 232013

Expedition 8-cyl

While driving my Expedition el on the highway and rounding a curve at 65 mph, the engine died without any warning. Fortunately, I was able to put the transmission into neutral and coast to a stop in a safe location. The engine would not start for several minutes, but then started and ran normally. I drove it straight to the dealer and dropped it off. The dealer diagnosed it as a fuel pump failure, and informed me that the part was on backorder and they could not guarantee a delivery date. I have been without my car for 5 weeks, and have spoken with the service manager and Ford customer service reps on several occasions. After first offering to help with car rental expenses, I have now been told that they will not assist me with rental expenses. They also have not been able to advise a date when the part will be available so I can get my car back. My $40,000 car is now worth nothing, I can't even sell it. From what I have been able to find out, this is a common failure with this fuel pump design. I would like Ford to order a recall, pay for the repairs, and cover my car rental expenses until they can repair my car.

- Beaumont, TX, USA