2.3

2009 Ford Expedition drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Expedition:

2009 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jan 232015

Expedition 4WD 8-cyl

The brake sensor has malfunctioned and I am not able to take the vehicle out of park. If I depressed the brake pedal multiple times, it will finally sense the brakes and let me drive. Also, sometimes during driving the brake lights will not illuminate when pressed. Ford has issued a recall for this problem based on the date of manufacture. However, my model was not included as it was build 6 months prior to the timeframe outlined by Ford. Clearly the recall needs to be expanded since the problem is occurring in a wider timeframe than was determined by Ford.

- Simla, CO, USA