2013 Ford Expedition accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Expedition:

2013 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Mar 062014

Expedition 8-cyl

Thursday, March 6th, while driving 70 mph on IH40 in eastern Arkansas my sunroof exploded. Traffic was moving nicely and I was not close enough behind other vehicles for anything to have impacted my Expedition. Weather was not a factor. The shade of the sunroof was open, but the sunroof itself was closed. We (my sons and I) heard a loud noise and glass rained down on me and my 15 year old son who was in the front seat. The sunroof had a huge hole in the middle of it and the remaining glass was shattered completely. At the first opportunity to safely stop, we discovered that the remaining glass was bowed up... it had shattered outward not inward toward the cabin. We then closed the shade and stopped at the first Ford dealership on our route (in benton, ar - about 2 hours away). They said they could not do anything. We continued on our trip and stopped at a large Ford dealership in arlington, tx for assistance. The service tech took pictures and sent them to Ford. I called him the following Monday and he said Ford would not cover glass breakage. We could have been seriously injured if I had not maintained control of my vehicle. I have pictures and can send them to you. I understand that Hyundai has issued a recall for this same problem and wonder if Ford is getting their sunroof's from the same manufacturer. Any assistance you can provide by looking into this matter with Ford motors is appreciated.

- Germantown, TN, USA