8.8

2015 Ford Expedition electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Expedition:

2015 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

May 112015

Expedition

01 June 2015 driving on interstate 10 from beaumont Texas I entered a heavy rain storm, traffic slowed down to about 50 M.P.H. in a 70 M.P.H. speed zone. I passed a tractor trailer, when the mist from the truck and the rain hit my vehicle, my engine lost power. I removed my foot from the gas, after a few hundred yards the power came back but my engine light was on. The problem happened 4 or 5 times thru Louisiana and into Florida.I took the vehicle back to the dealer palm bay Ford with 3,000 mile since new they couldn't duplicate the problem so I was told there wasn't a problem. 17 Sept. 2015 with 12826 miles I returned to palm bay Ford again, after returning from West virgina in another heavy rain storm the same thing happened, the engine lost power I was told the same thing they couldn't find a problem so no problem exist. This is a safety concern and needs to be addressed.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jun 092015

Expedition

I was not able to open the rear lift gate, the window did work fine. This would happen every now and then non predictable.. the dealer replaced the latch and was amazed the electric key fob did not work of the manual lift gate. There is no emergency override!!!! if some was in the 3rd road seat, and something happened they could not get out. August 1, 2015 I went to the vet with my dog in her kennel in the back. Outside air temp was 93 degrees. I could not open the back hatch to get my dog out. I had to lower all the middle seats, open her kennel, and "convince " her to come out and walk around. I had to lift her up and put her on the ground. Being handicapped this was not fun.. of course after the vets visit, the darn thing worked it is dangersous!!!

- Winchester , MA, USA