2016 Ford Expedition brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Expedition:

2016 Ford Expedition Owner Comments

Jan 062016

Expedition

Leased car 11/2016. On 1-6-16, complete loss of brake power, no warning, no warning lights. Sudden. Avoided collision. Dealer found vacuum pump failure, fixed. Then happened again 1 month later 2-2-16, again accident avoided. Brake pedal went to floor w/O any pressure. I am told by cust service that they found same problem. They are trying make us take car back. We are concerned that braking system flawed and car unsafe. We refuse to accept car back. Broiled in debate between cust service and dealer. Dealer trying make us financially responsible for defective breaks, and claiming lemon law requires 4 events.

- Grosse Pointe Park, MI, USA

Dec 092015

Expedition

My 2016 Ford Expedition el ltd V-6 3.5L with 354 odometer miles produced 4 minor Prelude engine surges within a couple hours on the roadways before it went full throttle 5 times within a couple minutes. It suddenly, and without warning, ran down my wife after squishing her against the garage-bedroom wall (which was destroyed) in reverse, placed me in traffic danger when it raced out of the driveway, placed a witness driving in the street in danger as it backed up, and while turning into my driveway forward, plowed half its length into a neighbors house, and destroyed most of its exterior as a result of the forward and reverse collisions. The brakes were absolutely useless and could not begin to overpower the individual engine full power surges. The air bags never deployed despite the frontal impact exceeding 15 mph. The full throttle engine surge durations approximated 6 seconds each; and, the temporary returns to idle lasted 2-4 seconds. My wife is quite injured; but, could easily have been killed. I was planning a head-on large oak tree ramming to stop the vehicle once-and-for-all. Other people and Ford need to be advised of this potential death trap situation. Please help.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA