8.0

1995 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Explorer:

1995 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 162009

Explorer Eddie Bauer V6

Okay, so I have a 1995 Ford Explorer. I have had the headlights flash and horn blow before, but I simply moved the key back an forth in the ignition to start it.

This morning I tried to start it and I heard the chirp of a car alarm ,and I noticed the red light on the dashboard is flashing. I never even have heard this "alarm" sound before. I have had the car for 3 years! The light will not stop flashing and the car does not even begin to crank.........

I have searched for fixes and have found the black spring-loaded button, but this solution has not worked. I have no idea what to do now!

- , Crete, IL, USA