- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
1995 Ford Explorer
Worst 1995 Explorer transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- overdrive light is flashing28
- won't go into gear9
- jerks when shifting from low to high4
- clunking noise when slowing to stop2
- loses foward drive2
- randomly slips and jerks1
- thin milky-pink transmission fluid1
- transmission failure1
- will not go into overdrive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission81
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter8
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Shift Pattern ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 1995 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.