8.5

$1,575.00

1. had to get transmission completely rebuilt (2 reports)
1995 Ford Explorer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Ford Explorer:

1995 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 112011

Explorer Sport 3.2L

I am really pissed that th transmission only last short time and everything else on vehicle does fine.

- , Greenville, SC, USA

Dec 092009

Explorer XLT

I have been having several problems with my suv. I have taken it to shops and replaced parts as often as I can only reason being that someone tells me "oh this is your problem and oh that is your problem hmmmm you should try this"... so far I have put about 3 thousand dollars of which I don't have to spare, into this thing and I can't seem to pin what the real problem is.. when I hit about 40 mph my car starts to shake and it feels like its seizing.. my friends only want to ride in my car if they need a good massage...lol I just want to know what I can do to get a smooth ride and how I can get it to accelerate normally and not take 30 seconds to get up to 30 mph.....

- , Hinesville, GA, USA

Sep 122007

Explorer 4.0L

Ford really dropped the ball on these vehicles. Damn transmissions aren't worth a darn. Cost to fix this problem wasn't worth it. My last time buying a Ford of any kind.

- , Reidsville, NC, USA

Mar 202006

Explorer EX

TRANSMISSION BUMPS, OR JERKS , WHEN SHIFTING FROM LOW RANGE INTO HIGH RANGE. DOES NOT DO THIS ALL THE TIME, ONLY SPORATICALLY.

- , Brandon, MS, USA