1996 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Explorer:

1996 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Oct 152007

Explorer Limited 4.0L V6

• CVT transmission

This problem stinks as it had me chasing all sorts of other problems because of info from my Haynes manual and has cost me over $500.00 and the problem is still there. I am going to purchase a small ceramic heater that plugs into the lighter to get me through the winter then sell this piece of junk in the spring. I have always driven Chevrolet products and been very happy and only bought this as i needed a vehicle and it was very cheap and now i know why. Everything is complicated and there are no easy fixes. I will never buy another one and will go back to my reliable Chev products. FORD STINKS!!!!!

- , Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

Jan 092007

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L V6

how do we fix this poor design flaw

- , Cassopolis, MI, USA