1. replace parts (1 reports)
1996 Ford Explorer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Explorer:

1996 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 152011

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

While poking around underneath my car one day, I noticed that the driver's side leaf spring shackle had completely rusted through. Obviously, this being a piece which held my axle to the car, I had to replace it. I ordered the parts online and did it in my friend's driveway. 15 years of road use made the bolts and bushings an absolute pain in the ass to remove. I did both sides, and it probably prevented a very nasty incident later down the road.

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA