9.2

1996 Ford Explorer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Explorer:

1996 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 052011

Explorer Exploer 5.0L

one day my electric windows stop off and on.then one day they just stop,t and one of my windows is partially down. i have check fusess, relay switch ,and nothing please help wit h answer

- , Chehalis, WA, USA

May 032010

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

Passenger side window stopped working completely. Took to trusted mechanic. Mechanic replaced motor. Now motor works intermittently. Have yet to take back to mechanic because mechanic is 1 1/2 hours away. Currently enduring searing Atlanta temperatures.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Nov 162009

Explorer XLT 4.0L

well when you have 2 babies a sickly wife and a compaining 13yr old it gets bad. ive used an open umbrella plastic bags plastic wrap to try to cover from rain and cold ive been to street mecanic because im the only one working cant afford to go to real mec. so im screwed if you have an answer pppppplllllllease tell me i have to fix on my own

- , Jax, FL, USA

Aug 222008

Explorer XLT V6

I just bought a 96 ford explorer , and went through the car wash and now the windows wont work. i checked fuse and it was ok HELP ME it is due for inspection and it wont pass if windows don't work......

- , Exeter, NH, USA

Apr 092008

Explorer V6

My 1996 Ford Explorer power windows don't work most of the time. The problem started about 4 months ago and has gotten worse. Sometimes when I turn the vehicle off and start it again they work. I fear that I will get caught with them stuck in the down position when it starts raining, so I leave them up and use my AC 24/7. With gas prices the way they are I need this problem fixed. Does anyone have a possible solution?

- , Charles Town, WV, USA