8.0

1997 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 212008

Explorer 4.0L V6

OK so I have put a lot of miles on my poor old truck, but I love it none the less. I have experienced several small problems most of which have already been mentioned by others. This is one I did not find. My speedometer sticks, and gives a false reading most of the time, I can be creeping along with everybody blowing past me in a 30 MPH area and my speedometer says I'm going 50, worst of all, I got a speeding ticket going 83 on the interstate and speedometer said 70. Have been told its a sensor that needs changed, but ...just have to put up with it for awhile yet.

- , Sheridan, WY, USA