1997 Ford Explorer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 012010

abs brakes prevent stopping, peddle pushes back allowing forARD MOTION , AFTER few seconds of pushing harder on the peddlle ,very hard ,brajks apply

- , Powell River, B C, canada

Aug 152008

Explorer XLT 5.0L V8

I replaced my brakes and my left front, which is ABS, suddenly decided to turn itself on constantly, i took it to my mechanic and they say they have no idea whats wrong, but it seems to me the AS is constantly on, because when i brae, it pushes back on me. if anyone can give me any ideas, or maybe just give me a damn solution hah. i would appreciate it more then i cold tell ya.

- , Rocklin, CA, USA

Mar 062007

Explorer XT 4LV6

The anti-lock brakes are always on and the light is on most of the time. When you go to stop, the brake pedal starts to vibrate and it won't stop. Please help me with this problem

- , Wellsville, NY, USA