1. car totaled (1 reports)
1997 Ford Explorer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 062015

Explorer

Brought car for my son and had it parked for a few months. Finally decided to take the car to Firestone to have the brakes looked at. As I was driving to a stop and make a left hand turn the brake went to the floor and I couldn't stop. So as I'm going thru the intersection I start honking my horn, one car missed me but an F150 slammed right into the passenger, middle, right side of vehicle, it was latter called a t-bone. The witnesses said the car went up on two wheels and almost tipped, by the grace of god it didn't. I ended up with several injuries and the car was totaled.

- , Buena Park, CA, USA