7.0

1997 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 062007

Explorer XT 4LV6

the light wont turn off it think it is the o2 sensor but i dont know where they are there are 2 so i was windering if someone could help me out on this problem tank you ver much

- , Wellsville, NY, USA

Sep 062006

Explorer

I am looking for information. The "check engine" light that is always on is preventing me from getting my annual inspection sticker. This light has been on for 2 years and my car runs fine. My mechanic (who I bought the car from) said it isn't a problem and would be too costly to repair. He also said that Ford's are known for this problem. He suggests that he disables the light, I drive 50 miles (to reset the computer to be inspected) and hope that the light does not come back on before the inspection. Does anyone know anything about this or has anyone experienced a similar problem?

- , South Boston, MA, USA