1997 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Oct 062010

Explorer XLT 4.0L

Bought my daughter a 97 Explorer for her 16th birthday.... It's in great condition both mechanically and cosmetically however it has an electrical issue I cannot find to save my life.

The 30 amp fuse for the Power windows, Power Locks, power seat and keyless entry keeps blowing about once a month... I have checked the circuit for an excessive load from the different components on the circuit but I cannot find anything wrong...

I replaced the fuse with a breaker so now when it blows it resets itself so I don't have to whenever she's at and bring her a fuse....

- , Lake Wales, FL, USA