6.0

1997 Ford Explorer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Explorer:

1997 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 302007

Explorer XLT V8

Over the last two years I've had the front end thoroughly examined at several different garages specializing in tires, suspension, etc. They've not been able to find anything. Again, it generally only happens in very warm weather and after I've been on the road for at least 30 minutes-- a soft clunking noise when I brake or accelerate; at times I sense I can feel it in the pedals. Very noticeable in stop and go traffic.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA