1.7

1998 Ford Explorer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Explorer:

1998 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Sep 022013

Explorer

So since my daughter bought the Ford a brake line that's connected to the caliper gets stretched and bent and it breaks about every 6 to 7 months. I feel as if it's a design flaw.I can't afford to put a new brake line on every time it breaks. I called a dealership and the mechanic there said once every 5 years he repairs the lines, I don't believe that. The turning of the tires stretches the line and it wears it down and then the line leaks and cracks.

- Chisago City, MN, USA

Apr 162015

Explorer

The cruise sensor on top of the brake master cylinder stay hot all the time and it keeps blowing my number 13 fuse that goes to the brake lights and when I put a new fuse in. The cruise sensor starts sparking an smoking really bad im a phrase that it's going to catch fire soon.

- Oxford, MS, USA