1998 Ford Explorer clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Explorer:

1998 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 222007

Explorer 6-cyl

The 1998 Ford Explorer accelerator pedal fell off. I was driving at 60 mph in a straight line and accelerating to 65 mph when I felt a pop. The accelerator pedal stopped working. Despite the emergency flashers, I was nearly rear-ended by a car that didn't notice I was slowing down on the freeway. Luckily, I pulled over and stopped safely. Looking at the break, I think the sheet metal holding the rivets was too weak. On 5/23/07 I called the Ford customer relations hot line. They refused to help stating only there are no recalls on my car. I believe this is a safety issue and can very easily result in an accident and deaths. Ford should investigate this and pay for repairs of defective materials used or improper installation. When was the last time you heard of an accelerator peddle falling off?

- Orange, CA, USA