1. find what caused it - ford needs to look at this problem (1 reports)
1999 Ford Explorer accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 272007

Explorer 4.0L V6

I bought the Ford Explorer primarily because it was an SUV with the number keypad on the exterior of the vehicle. After absentmindedly locking my keys in my car numerous times, the keypad on the exterior was a MUST and that is why I chose the Ford model. You can imagine my anger when my keypad did not work to let me in my vehicle. Especially when I used the keypad as my primary source of entry. I would purposely lock my keys in the car and always knew where they were at all times. So I was really ticked off when with no warning, it would just not let me in the vehicle. A REAL PAIN IN THE BUTT!!! Frustrated Beyond Belief!!!

- , Lewistown, PA, USA