1999 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 262010

Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L V8

Ok this only happened one time but it scared me enough that I never leave the car without my keys (yes lol I leave em in there sometimes) even for a second. I was at my local library for literally five seconds, as I came back to my car I realized that my doors were locked with my keys inside. I know for a fact that I didn't lock them and I had to walk down the road to find a phone to call my friend. She was on the other side of town so it took her 15-20 minutes to get there. Just as she pulled up I was standing by the car and the damn thing goes "click" and unlocks itself. I was like WTF!?!?! I thought I was crazy but it really did happen. It has never happened again but when/if it does ill be ready. Surprisingly enough, this isn't the first time Ive have this problem with a car...my moms 2000 jeep did this too and it made her late for work and she blamed it on me...until a few days later I was driving and the locks started going crazy.

- , Sedalia, MO, USA