7.0

1. got it fixed and not cheap! (1 reports)
1999 Ford Explorer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 162010

Explorer XLT V6

The "friend" we bought this from said all we needed was an upper body joint,brakes and new tires.

wellllll it needed front/rear brakes,upper body ball joint,front/rear rotors,calibers and it cost me MORE than what I paid for the vehicle!!!!!! oh brother.i'm just praying that this is all that i will need for a longgggg while!!!

this also does not include that i'm stuck in the driver side for the door will not unlock for me!!! how embarrassing but i wanted a suv for a long time so i get what i paid for. but am driving it now and it IS a nice ride,just hope nothing else pops up!!! :/

oh yeah, the windows wont go down for anybody else in the suv, lmao, i have to push the button to let the window down for them,lol.well it's summer so the a/c will have to be on and hopefully that will end the bitchin of everyone else, but they said they do love the suv other than all of those probs.so hopefully it will be a happy ride for me :]

- , Unionville, PA, USA

Sep 112009

Explorer Sport 4.0L V6

My abs light has been on and its getting really annoying. My brakes still work but when I go to stop the car bounces. I have changed the brake pads and rotors. I don't know what it could be. Its almost like the brakes brake, then lose grip, then brake again. I can't stand it anymore.

- , Valparaiso, IN, USA