1999 Ford Explorer drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Nov 042008

Explorer

Okay, so I'm a 25 year old single mother trying to do the right thing. I just served eight years in the US Army, came back to TN, got out Feb. of this year and decided to come back to country ol' Tennessee and go back to school. Why did I do that?? I had a 2007 Mazda 3, I didn't have a job lined up, so it got repoed, and I ended up with this old 99 Ford Explorer that a fat person used to own. You can tell because it leans to one side. You can also tell because every time you press the gas to go initially you have to almost press it to the floor to go. Well, I guess the ol' Ford was tired of it. This morning I left to take my son to daycare and everything is fine. I get to this busy intersection. It isn't cars, mainly tractors and big deisel trucks carrying grain (remember I'm in TN) AND THE GAS PEDAL BREAKS OFF!!! I'm just sitting there with my mouth open! What do I do? I can only go in reverse because the stop sign is at the top of a freakin' hill and there are vehicles behind me! Now my ol' 99 Ford Explorer is still sitting at a gas station because I don't have a husband to call to help me AND MY FREAKING GI BILL MONEY HASN'T CAME IN YET SO I'M STILL BROKE!!! HELP!

- , Newbern, TN, USA