9.0

$3,375.00

2. replace engine (1 reports)
1999 Ford Explorer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford Explorer:

1999 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 152007

Explorer Sport V6

I'm not sure why it's ok to sell vehicles with engines that can't even make it for 10 years. Thanks Ford! Never again will I buy one!

- , Harrisburg, PA, USA

Sep 102003

Explorer Sport

1999 FORD EXPLORER SPORT RECALL PART CAMCHAIN TENSIOR

I have never had a MAJOR problem with this car until FORD replaced a RECALL PART call the CAMCHAIN TENSIOR.

I TOOK THE CAR TO ANOTHER WELL KNOWN COMPANY. I WAS TOLD TO TAKE IT BACK TO FORD. BECAUSE IT WAS A RECALL PART AND THEY SHOULD FIX IT.

GUEST WHAT, I TOOK IT BACK TO FORD AND THEY TOLD ME I NEEDED TO PURCHASE A NEW MOTOR FOR $4,400.00

OF COURSE I FLIPPED OUT. I SAID I TOOK CARE OF THIS CAR LIKE IT WAS MY CHILD, IT ONLY HAS 50,000 MILES ON THE MOTOR.

THEN I SAID," WHAT YOU ARE SAYING TO ME IN SO MANY WORDS.. THAT FORD IS SELLING CARS WITH MOTORS THAT GO ONLY TO 50,000 MILES."

FORD'S CORPORATE OFFICE WAS A JOKE. I GOT NOWHERE.

IF YOU HEAR A RATTLING , CLANKING NOISE, TAKE YOUR CAR IN A.S.A.P. BEFORE YOUR CHEAP 12 MONTH RECALL WARRANTY RUNS OUT.

- , Santa Monica, CA, USA