Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Well, it's not a 2002, so it's got that going for it.

2000 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Explorer:

2000 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 272009

Explorer XLS V6

I bought my explorer about 9 months ago. It's a 2000 xls v6 with 112,000 miles when I bought it. I spent $60 at my local mechanic before I even owned it so that he could look over it and tell me if it was worth buying or not. Of course he said it was.. It drove great everything seemed to be working fine and I felt like I was getting a good deal. It was advertised as an "Ice cold air conditioner!". Well, the air conditioner was ice cold. For about a week.. Not long after I bought my explorer the air conditioner started to go. I thought it might just need to be recharged but when I went to my local mechanic he said there might be a leak involved. I've only had my explorer for nine months and since then, I've had a major oil leak costing me about $1,000. The alternator went and I needed it towed which was about another $500. Now I need brakes and my airbag light keeps flashing. On top of all of this lovely stuff going wrong with my explorer.. my transmission keeps slipping between gears 2 and 3. What I thought was going to be a good deal is only costing me more than what it's worth.

- , Lowell, MA, USA