CarComplaints.com Notes: Well, it's not a 2002, so it's got that going for it.

1. Get it welded (1 reports)
2000 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Explorer:

2000 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 192007

Explorer XLS 4.0L V6

All I can say is I HATE MY 2000 FORD EXPLORER!! Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy one! I have had so many problems with mine!! I bought it from K&N Wholesale in Houma, LA and they weren't the greatest car sales people. I think they sold me a lemon.

- , Chauvin, LA, USA

Oct 152008

Explorer Sport 4.0L

The lower seat frame on the driver's side just broke. The metal just gave causing the hunge to come out and the back to fall down. This is awful product quality and dangerous. I took it to Long Lewis in Birmingham, Alabama. What a joke. They gave me a number to Ford's Customer Relations. They were rude and puppets. Only looked for liability limited to warranty. Never had any concern for the quality of the product or my satisfaction. Never answered my question. Refused to let me take a satisfaction survey that was requested when I first called. Long Lewis did nothing to support me. Even refused to call Ford for me. No one ever told me I had an unjustified complaint. This failure occurred in my driveway. If it had happened on the road, a wreck would have happened. Seats should not fail on an 8 yr old car. There was no abuse on moving parts. Just structural steel failing. The drivers are about 200 lbs or less. This seat would fail a crash test so either they rigged the test or used inferior materials. This vehicle has been a nightmare but this problem is a bit to serious and dangerous. I didn't complain about the many design issues.

- , Tuscaloosa, AL, USA