- August 18: Ford Recalls 26,400 Ford F-650 and F-750 Trucks
- August 15: Ford Headlights Not Working? Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Investigated
- August 8: Ford F-150 Aluminum-Body Crash Test Results
- August 4: Lincoln MKT Livery SUVs Recalled For Wrong Placard
- July 30: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Gets Green Light
2000 Ford Explorer
CarComplaints.com Notes: Well, it's not a 2002, so it's got that going for it.
Worst 2000 Explorer electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- "brake" lamp in instrument panel will not light up at start1
- car will not start1
- dome light shorted out power windows1
- doors will not open from inside or out1
- lights drain battery1
- multiple electrical problems1
- remote access is not working1
- NHTSA: Electrical System37
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers8
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring7
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Rear Compartment/Trunk1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.