$3,200.00

2000 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Explorer:

2000 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 222011

Explorer XLT 4.0L

MY SON (21yrs old) WAS STUCK, LITERALLY LOCKED IN HIS 2000 FORD EXPLORER! WE HAD TO BREAK A WINDOW TO GET HIM OUT! THE DOORS WOULD NOT OPEN FROM INSIDE OR FROM THE OUTSIDE!

IT STARTED WITH THE DRIVERS DOOR AND OVER TIME STARTED HAPPENING TO ALL THE DOORS (EVEN BACK HATCH) I CALLED FORD ABOUT THIS ...AND FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS A RECALL FOR THE SPEED CONTROL HARNESS DUE TO FIRES!! BUT THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE DOOR LOCK PROBLEMS.(THIS MAKES IT WORSE, EVEN MORE OF A SAFETY HAZARD & IS VERY VERY SERIOUS!!!)

I WAS TOLD TO TAKE IT TO A DEALER & TO SAVE THE RECEIPT. (About 800.00 per door x 5) THE ONLY WAY FORD WILL RECALL (THE DOOR LOCK PROBLEM) IS IF THEY HAVE SO MANY COMPLAINTS! I KNOW THERE ARE OTHERS EXPERIENCING THE SAME .....SO PLEASE EVERYONE, LETS ALL SPEAK UP AND *REPORT ANY AND ALL DOOR/LOCK PROBLEMS! SO FORD WILL RECALL AND FIX THIS MATTER. PLEASE BEFORE YOU &/OR YOUR LOVED ONES BECOME SERIOUSLY HURT/TRAPPED! WE DON'T NEED FATALITIES, JUST OUR VOICES!!

THANKS AND GOD BLESS!