2000 Ford Explorer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Explorer:

2000 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Oct 242011

Explorer Eddie Bauer V6

My Truck motor spins but won't start. It's like it's not getting any fuel.

- , Arlintttgton, TX, USA

Jul 152009

Explorer XLS V6

The Ford would randomly not start with no sound at all when I turned the key.I had the Explorer on the diagnostic at several mechanics. Nothing ever came up wrong on the diagnostic,until it actually wouldn't start.Finally that happened and They installed a new crank shaft sensor, anti theft transceiver, gem module and battery. The problem seemed fixed for a month. Then it would not start again, with no sound at all, just like before. No one, including the dealership has been able to figure out this problem. Most of the time, it starts right up, then all of a sudden, no sound when I turn the key. Sometimes if I wait 10 minutes, it will start up fine,,but once in a while, nothing will make it start. It's a mystery that has been going on for over a year.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA