CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Feb 182002

Explorer

My main concern is the inability to steer this vehicle. It wanders all over the road. If you happen to hit a bump ( like a lane reflector) it seems to be out of control momentarily. The vehicle has a distinct shimmy/shake. I have had the vehicle in the dealership at least 5 times(leaving it numerous days/weeks) they do not seem to be able to correct this. Their last suggestion was to file the lemon law. It seems to me that Ford should stand behind their product-but I guess only if forced to by some law. The reason I wanted to file this was to see if other persons were experiencing these same steering issues. I have never felt so unsafe driving a car before this one.

- Miami Beach, FL, USA