- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 3 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 7 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 10 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 30 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- door ajar lights stay on1
- driver's side door doesn't unlock1
- seat bolt frozen1
- seat controller broken1
- shift lever broke off1
- side door won't open1
- NHTSA: Seats15
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner6
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.3
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Head Restraint2
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical1
- NHTSA: Seats: Mid/Rear Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.