Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jun 122010

Explorer Sport Eddie Bauer 3.2L V6

My interior lights stay on and my truck says that there is a door ajar. I closed all of the doors and the trunk and the lights and the dial still stay on. I had to turn off my interior lights so that my battery does not drain. This problem is very annoying especially when I took my truck to the dealership and they can't figure out what or where the problem is coming from. Hopefully I will find someone that can figure out what the problem is so I can have this problem fixed.

- , Washington, DC, USA