- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 22 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 24 days ago
- March 30: Ford Door Latch Recall For Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 24 days ago
- March 29: Ford Recalls F-450 and F-550 Trucks to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 25 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
body / paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer body / paint Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- body mounts deteriorated4
- cracked panel below the rear window4
- loud humming like noise1
- paint is peeling1
- whistle sound1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body10
- NHTSA: Structure5
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door 4
- NHTSA: Structure: Frame And Members4
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate3
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Bumpers1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Door: Hinge And Attachments1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Hatchback/Liftgate: Hinge And ...1
- NHTSA: Structure: Body: Tailgate 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.