- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 4 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 4 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 8 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 16 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear axle/transfer case failure2
- thumping noise in front end2
- loud clapping noice from front axle1
- problems switching from 2wd to 4wd1
- stuck in 4wd1
- NHTSA: Power Train12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Axle Assembly2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Constant Velocity Joint1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Differential Unit1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Driveline: Driveshaft1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.