Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jan 112001

Explorer 4WD

I have experienced several "no starts" with my vehicle. I was informed by a Firestone dealer when I had my tires replaced that he has witness similiar incidents with other Ford Explorer's. the Firestone dealer stated that there is a problem in the fuel delivery or ignition system which causes the vehicle to flood itself at times when the ignition key is turned. I am very concerned if this is the case. The dealership where I purchased the vehicle has made three unsuccessful attempts to correct the problem. I am currently in arbitration. I know one other person who purchased a 2000 Ford Explorer from the same dealer and has had this same problem. The dealership is replacing his fuel pump as they have done in my vehicle; however, this did not correct my problem.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA