- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 1 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 7 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 30 days ago
- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 52 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer lights Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- brake light & turn signal not working1
- brake light out1
- turn signal fuse keeps blowing1
- turn signals do not work1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Turn Signal3
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting2
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights2
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Headlights2
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Tail Lights1
- NHTSA: Exterior Lighting: Turn Signal: Switch1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.