- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 1 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 5 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 8 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 28 days ago
2001 Ford Explorer
CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.
Worst 2001 Explorer suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- body mount bushings are crumbling3
- squealing and squeaking from rear end1
- very bad ride1
- NHTSA: Suspension19
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front9
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Ball Joint5
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear4
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Upper Ball Joint1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Springs: Coil Springs1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Springs: Leaf Spring Assembly1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Springs: Leaf Spring Assembly: Leaf1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Explorer Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Explorer compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Explorer overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Explorer.