CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 032009

Explorer V6

click to see larger images

uneven tire wear

BOTH FRONT TIRES ARE WORN OUT ONLY IN THE INSIDE OF THE TIRES NOT THE OUTSIDE, WIRES FROM THE TIRES ARE STICKING OUT I HAVE HAD TO BUY BOTH TIRES AND THAT IS NOT THE A PROBLEM BUT I FEEL THAT I AM BUYING THOSE TIRES FOR NO REASON BECAUSE I FEEL THAT THE TIRES ARE NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE I HAVE HAD THOSE TIRES FOR 6 MONTHS ONLY, I FEEL THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE TRUCK IT SELF. AM I RIGHT CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS THE PROBLEM

- , Carrollton, TX, USA