Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Nov 302009

Another case of electric window failure. This morning I had frost of my windows but when I cracked the drivers side window it moved down without a problem. The problem occurred when I attempted to roll it back up. Nothing. Then I touched the glass & bang... It fell down into the door off track. I called the dealer & was told it would take 400.00 to fix it. Can't afford it. It's going to have to be covered with a plastic bag & duct tape I guess. Supposed to rain here Wednesday. I'm sick at my stomach over the problem.

- , Bristow, OK, USA