Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

2002 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Oct 072008

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8

A/C unit randomly blows hot out of drivers side and cool out of passenger side. We do have dual AC units, but this is just random, happens 3-4 times a month. I just recently got rid of this POS and I bought a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe. I hope it has less problems.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 162010

Explorer XLT 4.6L V8

We have a single zone A/C package with rear console vents. When A/C is on, cool air blows out of the passenger side vents and warm air out of the driver side vents. Again, we do NOT have a dual zone system, so I don't even know how that is possible, but the Exploder never ceases to amaze me with its ability to fail. I haven't had it looked at yet since I know it will be a real pain to pull apart the dash and diagnose. A real pain to someone means it will be expensive for me.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA