8.7

$1,500.00

2. Ford needs to replace vehicle, unsafe (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer brakes problems

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 012010

Explorer XLT 4.Ol

Brake squeal ever since i had fixed. I think my car was sabotaged!!! It worked fine before i had it inspected BY FORD. They said they could not pass it because the brakes were bad. They worked fine when i drove it LESS THN A MILE THERE. Don't tell me that does not sound fishy or ill find you!!!

- , Johnstown, NY, USA

Oct 172007

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

Another problem that the dealership wants to charge me another $50 just to look at it. Can't check it out myself or I would. No doubt it's going to cost me an arm and a leg. I'm up to about $5000 in repairs this year. That's roughly half of what the vehicles worth. I used to like Fords.

- , South Ogden, UT, USA

Aug 142003

Explorer

the abs light came on, bilton ford fixed it, three weeks later the light stays on again, the brakes failed at a stop sign, lucky for me no cars were close to me, i feel this vehicle is unsafe and ford should replace my explorer. its a shame to pay high price labor to built a car that is unsafe. i work hard and this explorer costs lots of hard earned money. i should be able to get to and from work safely. i have grandchildren that ride with me also, i fear for their safety. i don't need ford to say they will fix the problem, i need ford to replace this vehicle.

- , St Stephen, SC, USA