8.0

1. towed to dealership/ performed cooling system diag (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer cooling system problems

cooling system problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 122011

Explorer 4DR XLT 4X2 4.0L Sohc V6

The original was my fault. My neighbor replaced some hoses and did not replace radiator cap tight, however, dealership stated they placed coolant mix into vehicle,

ONE YEAR LATER I CHECKED COOLANT TO FIND THERE WAS NO COOLANT MEASUREMENT AT ALL IN RADIATOR OR OVERFLOW. FORTUNATELY, I LIVE IN TEXAS SO THE ENGINE DID NOT CRACK DUE TO THE FREEZING TEMPERATURE. I HAD BEEN CHARGED FOR COOLANT THAT WAS NEVER PLACED INTO THE VEHICLE. Makes me really wonder what other things I am charged for are not replaced and we are charged. When I took it back and talked to manager at Covert he asked what I would like for him to do. My response was why don't you start with coolant and pray that I do not have permanent damage. Which how would I EVER PROVE ONE YEAR LATER that Covert did not fill with coolant.

- , Austin, TX, USA