6.0

2. replace faulty module (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer electrical problems

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 012011

Explorer XLT

The battery went dead while SUV was stored in garage for an extended period of time. When battery was recharged the keyless entry pad would not work. Purchased the car second hand so I did not have the original factory set code which is required to re-program. Dealer charged me $175.00 but they could not fix it. After seaching the internet I found out where the factory code was located and I followed all of the instructions for re-setting it. Still won't work. I really miss having access to the Keypad. Does anyone have any suggestions?

- , Seaford, DE, USA

Dec 192008

Explorer Eddie Bauer 3.6L V8

The battery went dead one day and I charged it back up and since the keyless entry pad as well as the remote entry quit working. I had the battery checked and it was fine and I checked the manual for a possible bad fuse but apparently there is not a fuse for that. an annoying problem that will be too much to fix.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 182005

Explorer Limited 4WD 4.6L V8

It seems like the engineer of these electronic components are inferior.

- , Lemoore, CA, USA

Oct 122006

Explorer Limited 3.2L V6

This vehicle's exterior keyless entry has never worked. The dealership said to fix it I would have to come up with 600.00. Yea right.

- , Meridian, ID, USA

Jul 012007

Explorer XLT

The 1/2 button suddenly quit working. It was like 8am on a Saturday morning. I had taken my son to tball practice and purposefully locked my keys in the Explorer so I wouldn't lose them. I ended up having to call and wake the wife up so her and my daughter could come and open it up for me.

- , Wyandotte, MI, USA

Mar 282007

Explorer XLT 4.6

my keyless entry stopped working out of the blue. i have 65,000 miles on the piece of s#%$. not only did stop working my interior light wont shut off and i have to disconnect the battery so i wont kill it. i kept trying to use the entry pad and when it did work (only once) only the back doors locked. i hope its not expensive to fix i am so mad because i have to drive it to work.

- , Bristol, CT, USA