5.7

1. change erg/egr valve (2 reports)
  3. replace dpfe sensor (2 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer engine problems

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 112006

Explorer 4.0L V6

The check engine light came on and would not go off.

- , Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Feb 202010

Explorer XL 4.0L

Check Engine light goes off and on in last 6 months on constantly.

- , Granby, CO, USA

Aug 012009

Explorer XLT 4.0L

changed erg sensor valve 2 times within 10,000 miles..costly and annoying

- , Melvindale, Mich, USA

Oct 262009

Explorer V8

I replaced the ERG/EGR valve twice and there was never actually a problem with it my light wold come on for 1 to 2 day and then go off and i wouldn't see it again for 2 months.

- , Newark, OH, USA

Jul 062010

Explorer 4.0L V6

I was given an 02 ford explorer from my grandfather in january of 09 ive put 8,000 miles on it since then. i had to replace a battery twice in the same year, check enginge is repeatedly coming on after i pay to have it fixed, my gas pedal has stuck after taking it out of cruise control, brake lines r going. so basically i will never buy a ford peice of sh*t !!!! again.

- , Whitle Lk, MI, USA

Jul 282005

Explorer Limited 4WD 4.6L V8

A sensor goes out for no apparent reason....Just make me a car that works consistently please.

- , Lemoore, CA, USA