8.0

1. replaced wiring in drivers side door (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer lights problems

lights problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Sep 182007

Explorer XLT 3.8L V6

It started with the side mirror light and dome lights not shutting off when i left my car, I would have to turn them off manually every night. 2 years later my drivers side window would not role down so i did some investigating. Sure enough I found 2 broken wires in the wiring harness coming from the engine compartment into the driver side door. I reconnected and whalla! everything works fine, until about 6 months ago my door ajar light will come on and off randomly. I'm guessing its the same problem. I'll let you know what i find. Also i have noticed not just mine but maybe 6 out of 10 explorers i see have the crack below the rear window...Where is the recall for that?!

- , Billings, MT, USA