Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.

2002 Ford Explorer lights problems

lights problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 232012

Explorer XLT 4.0L

I have a 2002 ford explorer.I have had so many problems with this vehicle,ranging from transmission problems to liftgate problems and many more.The most recent is my car would not shift from park to anything and I had no back brakes at all.We found out it was the upper back brake on the liftgate.It kept blowing fuses.This has happened on multiple occasions and it had to be towed.The problem was the plastic piece that holds the bulbs gets to hot,melts and catches fire.We went to 4 different junk yards and no one had them except 1 and they tried 7 different ones and they all had the same exact problem as mine.They were all melted! i definitely think that there should be a recall on that piece and also a recall on the sprocket thing that holds the back glass on.If you have this problem try changing the fuse and check that piece that holds your bulbs in.Chances are yours are probably melted to and this could save you thousands of dollars in repairs.Lucky for me my husband figured it out!

- , Connelly Springs, NC, USA

Mar 012010

Explorer XLT 4.0L V6

This problem randomly started happening on my 2002 ford explorer, the rear lights stick on and off whenever they please, including when the SUV is shut off killing my batterie or just in everday traffic this is just one of the many problems happening with my ford

- , Hornell, NY, USA

Oct 012008

Another pain in the ass problems with my explorer. I have burned through at least 7 rear taillights and brake lights with no explanation. I guess I need to buy at Costco in bulk!

- , Grand Terrace, CA, USA