1. placed clutch packs on both rear wheels (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer transmission problems

transmission problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 112007

Explorer Eddie Bauer V8

After a couple previous repairs on this low mileage vehicle I thought I was in the clear unti the grinding noise appeared as I turned a corner. Service Dept stated the both clutch packs needed to be replace at a cost of $1000. I hit the ceiling on this one. Ford Motor decided to split the cost with me because of the low mileage issue. I reluctantly paid the $500 (my half) to get the thing back on the road. So now I'm still making payments and I've had this SUV in the shop 3 time now in less than 2 years and under 75000 miles. Yeah I was pissed. The repair story continues and it gets "better"

- , Leicester, NC, USA