- July 23: Ford Transit Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- July 20: Ford Expands Chrome Door Handle Cover Recall recalls | 6 days ago
- July 16: Ford Recalls Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Over Torque Converters recalls | 10 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls Escape and Police Interceptors recalls | 27 days ago
- June 28: Ford Recalls 402,000 Transit Vans For Driveshaft Problems recalls | 28 days ago
Electric Window Assembly Broken Plastic Parts Inside
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,923 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- this issue should be corrected by ford (8 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)
- make sure the plastic used is strong enough! (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem